Welcome to Holder School!
Hello Holder families; my name is Jason Blade and I'm proud to serve as the Holder School Principal! At Holder School, we believe in giving every child a chance every single day to reach their full academic, social and emotional potential. We believe that parents are important partners in supporting students on their academic journey as they learn to be reflective and engaged learners. Holder School, home of the Hawks, is a beautiful campus in southwest Buena Park. Educational excellence is our goal for each and every student; our exceptional staff works diligently to ensure success for all of our students.
At Holder School, we focus on teaching the Common Core State Standards. We use the Go Math curricula and Benchmark Advance English Language Arts curricula. Our goal is to provide our students with the necessary skills to become proficient and successful creative problem solvers, critical thinkers, and collaborators.
School Health and Safety Protocols
Please know that we continue to take every precaution to keep your children safe at school following health guidelines in place.
The state recently released the Updated California Department of Public Health guidance for K-12 schools. As a reminder, COVID-19 health requirements are set by state and county health officials, and school districts are required to follow the guidance in order to operate in-person instruction.
This new guidance updates previous versions in a few important ways. These updates include the following:
- Face masks are a mandatory requirement for students while indoors at school.
- Staff in a school setting are required to wear a face mask when sharing indoor spaces with students.
- If a person is exempt from wearing a face mask due to a medical condition or if a face mask cannot be used for instructional or developmental reasons, the person must wear a non-restrictive alternative such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge.
- Face masks are not required (optional) while outdoors at school, including before and after school, during recess, during outdoor PE classes, and at lunchtime.
- Face masks will be required while students are riding the school bus to and from school.
- Physical distancing is not required as long as other mitigation measures, such as the universal wearing of face masks, are fully implemented.
- Masking indoors also greatly reduces quarantine restrictions for anyone who may be exposed to COVID-19 as long as they remain asymptomatic, reducing interruptions to in-person instruction.
- The CDPH will continue to assess COVID-19 conditions and determine no later than February 15, 2022, whether to update the indoor mask requirement.
The District has clarified with state and county health officials that the indoor masking mandate is the same as last year.
Because students consistently wear masks at all times when indoors at school, guidelines state that students who are exposed to COVID-19 may quarantine at school. In order to quarantine at school students must:
- Continue to appropriately mask, as required.
- Undergo at least two tests at school during the 10-day quarantine; this will be done on or as near as possible to the third and fifth days of exposure.
- Avoid all extracurricular activities at school, including sports, and activities within the community setting for 10 days after exposure.
If your child is unable to do the above, there are 2 out of school quarantine options:
- Quarantine at home for 10 days without testing;
2) Should you choose, you can have your child tested after day 5 and if negative, they may return to school on day 7 of their quarantine. Proof of negative test must be provided to the school prior to their return. Parents should continue to monitor their children for symptoms for two weeks by: Checking their temperature twice a day as well as watching for fever, cough, shortness of breath, and other signs/symptoms of COVID-19, such as chills, sore throat, muscle aches, diarrhea, or loss of sense of taste or smell.
Savanna School District is committed to continue with contact tracing for students and staff. Contact tracing will be done to determine who the child was within 6 feet of for at least 15 minutes. Children may stay in school during the modified quarantine. We encourage children who are tested because of an exposure to wear a mask, both indoors and outdoors, during the modified quarantine.
It is important that we protect student privacy and will not divulge the name(s) of any person testing positive for COVID-19 to anyone other than themselves or his/her parents. It is not appropriate for anyone to attempt to learn such information or otherwise attempt to independently determine a student or staff member’s potential medical diagnosis. Please join me in ensuring a safe and supportive environment for our community and respect the privacy of others.
Savanna School District is committed to offering a drive-up opportunity for free COVID-19 testing for children who have been asked to stay home from school due to symptoms. Parents will need to complete the JotForm prior to having their child tested.
In addition, all classrooms are sanitized using an electrostatic magnetic fogger nightly. If there is a case of an individual testing positive for COVID-19 during the school day, additional fogging will occur when students are not in the room. We are pleased to continue these standards to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff.
We will continue to monitor health and safety guidelines from our state and local agencies. If you have any questions or need support, our school office staff will be available from 7:30 - 3:00 on all school days. We hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. HAWKS soar to success!
Holder School's Instructional Program
Our instructional strategies and practices are aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Holder staff members provide our students with a high caliber learning experience in a caring and nurturing environment so that students feel valued and respected. We desire that all of our students develop and maintain a love for learning! We are continuing our focus on Benchmark Advance, including working with students toward mastering academic vocabulary, becoming fluent readers with analytical thinking skills, and learning to communicate through writing. These are critical to a student’s continued success in their educational journey! These skills will be stressed through Distance Learning at all grade levels as we continue to equip our students to build for their future success.
Holder School is a community of caring people whose goal is to create a safe and nurturing environment where students feel included, respected and valued. Our dedicated staff is committed to upholding these expectations by being proactive in addressing student needs and concerns. We expect students to display the traits of being Holder H.A.W.K.S. - Honorable, Accountable, Welcoming, Kind, Scholarly.
Saturday Academy | October 8, 2022 8:00am
Hansen School - 1300 S. Knott Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92804